Café Blum
In the "founding years" after the Franco-Prussian War of 1870/71, Wiesbaden experienced a remarkable economic rise. Wilhelmstraße, where wealthy spa guests and locals strolled, soon offered itself as an excellent location for a new, exclusive café. Its owner, the master confectioner Friedrich Blum, who had first opened his café in Schützenhofstraße in 1878, experienced a heyday for his coffee house from 1882 onwards, having since become purveyor to the court. Despite the two world wars, the establishment was able to survive for several generations.
At the 100th anniversary celebrations on 01.09.1978, the then owner and successor Alfred Schönemann was honored with the city plaque in gold, the bronze plaque of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce and the diploma of the Chamber of Crafts as well as the merit and honorary brooch of the guild. Café Blum relocated in 2008. Today (as of 2015), it is located at the upper end of Wilhelmstraße.
Literature
Fischer-Dyck, Marianne: Stories from the old Wiesbaden. In: WL 10/1978 [p. 17].