Gibber Kerb
The first Gibber Kerb on 05.09.1909 with a parade was so successful that the Gibber Kerbe Society was founded on 13.09.1909 with the aim of organizing an annual folk festival in Biebrich. The first foundation festival and thus the second Gibber Kerb took place on September 11/12, 1910. The number of visitors and members continued to rise until the First World War. After a break of several years, the next Kerb was held in 1920.
Under mottos such as "The German Song", "The Gibb is Burning" and "German Fairy Tales", the Gibber Kerb remained very successful in the 1930s. In 1935-37, the fairground was enlarged and provided with water and electricity lines. 1939 saw the last Kerb for the time being. The Kerbehalle, built in 1929, was destroyed by bombs. The Gibber Kerb has been held again since 1949 and has been very popular with the public.
Difficult years began at the end of the 1990s and sales declined. However, with the proceeds from the Gibber Autumn Market in 2008, it was possible to finance the 100th anniversary Kerb in 2009 with the Gibber Rock Night and a final giant anniversary firework display.