Heart, court jeweler
Julius Herz (1819-1911) founded a jewelry store in the lower Webergasse in 1843 and held the title of jeweler and goldsmith from 1854. His assortment ranged from household items such as sugar bowls and sauce boats to precious tiaras and fine jewelry. In 1886/87, he handed over the management of the company to his sons Adolf and Salomon Herz, who were appointed court jewelers shortly afterwards.
Under the management of Bruno Netter, son-in-law of Adolf Herz, who had been running the business since the end of the 1920s, the company merged with Joseph Herz Heimerdinger, another traditional Jewish company, and relocated to Wilhelmstrasse 38, where Heimerdinger's business premises had been located since 1913. In 1938, the company still advertised under the name "Netter, Herz und Heimerdinger GmbH, Juweliere" before the business was looted and completely destroyed during the Reichspogromnacht on November 9/10, 1938 and many members of the owner families were murdered in the following years.
Literature
Scheffler, Wolfgang: Goldsmiths of Hesse. Daten - Werke - Zeichen, Berlin, New York 1976 [p. 754 f.].