Eibach, Ludwig Wilhelm
Eibach, Ludwig Wilhelm
Protestant pastor
born: 23.12.1810 in Dietz
died: 06.11.1868 in Wiesbaden
Eibach studied Protestant theology in Bonn and was accepted into the preacher's seminary in Herborn in 1830. After passing his theological examination in 1831, he taught at his father's Latin school in Diez before becoming a pastor in Erbach/Rheingau in 1835. In 1838 he was transferred to Wehrheim, and in 1839 he became the second pastor in Idstein.
From 1844 he was pastor in Wiesbaden, 1851-56 also school inspector. In 1856 he became dean, in 1860 church councilor and in 1868 consistorial councilor in the newly established Royal Consistory for the (Prussian) administrative district of Wiesbaden without Frankfurt am Main in 1867. Theologically belonging to the "positives" (right-wingers), he had to deal with the free-thinking movement inspired by Johannes Ronge (1813-1887), also in Wiesbaden, and with Old Lutheran currents that went back to Chaplain Friedrich August Brunn (1819-1895) in Steeden/Lahn. Eibach was associated with the Outer and especially the Inner Mission. In 1851, he became chairman of the "Association for the Protestant Church in the Duchy of Nassau", which was founded in Kirberg in 1850. In 1853 he founded the rescue home in Wiesbaden; in 1857 he was involved in the founding of the Paulinenstift in Wiesbaden. The care home for the elderly and the home for the blind were also initially under Eibach's care. In 1859, he was one of the founders of the "Missionary Association for the Protestant Church in Nassau". After the annexation of Nassau in 1866, Eibach tried to preserve the legacy of the Nassau church. He did not live to see the completion of the church and synodal regulations he had drafted (1877).
Literature
Kortheuer, August: Ludwig Wilhelm Eibach: In: Jahrbuch der Hessischen Kirchengeschichtlichen Vereinigung 4, 1953 [pp. 101-111].
Renkhoff, Otto: Nassau Biography. Kurzbiographien aus 13 Jahrhunderten, 2nd ed., Wiesbaden 1992 (Veröffentlichungen der Historischen Kommission für Nassau 39) [p. 165].