Villa Beck
The owner of the so-called Villa Beck at today's Rheingaustraße 138 in Biebrich was the clock manufacturer Hubert Kreitz, who commissioned the 25-year-old architect Ludwig Euler (1844-1909) to build it. Until its renovation in 1926, the villa was a typical example of neoclassical historicism.
The building has the form of a two-storey, symmetrical cube, the main façade of which is accentuated by a three-storey, only slightly protruding central risalit with a flat triangular gable. A loggia was originally located on the second floor of the risalit behind fluted Doric columns.
In 1898, the owner of the Rheinhütte in Biebrich, Ludwig Beck, acquired the villa. He had the building renovated and moved into the house with his family from the factory premises. Wilhelm Beck, the youngest son, took over the management of the company as a graduate engineer in 1908 and became the new landlord of Villa Beck after his father's death in 1918. The building was renovated by Karl Henrici in 1926 and Hans-Peter Mallon in 2005.
Villa Beck is now privately owned.
Literature
Funk, Birgit: Rheingaustraße 138, Villa Beck. In: Zeitzeugen IV, (2007) [pp. 93-101].